I saw the following link on Pintrest yesterday, titled “67 things I wish I had known at 18”. You can find the link here.
I’m a very emotional person, but I don’t think I’m a very corny person. This link is corny. But still, I liked it. I liked it very much.
You can read the link yourself, but I’m just going to list a few I really liked:
4. Love yourself. Sometimes you’re all you have. Ever since I’ve created this blog, it’s as if everywhere I turn, there is advice telling me to love myself. And I am. And every day, I’m loving myself a little bit more. But, after reading this advice, I realized how lucky I am. I not only have the ability to learn to love myself, and embrace myself, I have some of the most amazing people in the world, in my life. My friends and family love me, and the best part of that, is that I feel their love. I feel their support. And it’s this love and support that helps and motivates me to love myself. I’m not all I have, and I am forever grateful for that.
1. Boys will break your heart. Let them. Learn from it. This quote is important for me (and many of my friends- you know who you are) because I can be such a closed person. I take my emotions, my heart and everything inside me and lock it deep. I’m consistently afraid of being vulnerable, because vulnerability leads to pain and hurt. Reading this quote, for some odd reason, released some happiness inside of me. We all get our hearts broken, and I’m happy we do. Because if we didn’t, we’d never have those amazing happy moments that we gain once our heart is completely and utterly open. Someone will come along and he won’t break my heart. And if I never open up, he’ll never have that chance. In the meantime, I want to live with an open heart, no matter how hard.
6. Order pizza at 3am on a Tuesday. It won’t kill you. I need to remember this one more often, because pizza rocks, and it’s even better late at night shared with others. After all, I need to remember FOOD, GLORIOUS FOOD!
11. Classes can be retaken. Life cannot. This to me means: STOP STRESSING, and live. And smile. Always smile.
15. Apologize when you’re wrong. Just suck up your pride and do it. Truth. Relationships mean more than pride.
17. No one is perfect. Stop being so hard on yourself. Right. Stop being hard, and love me. Positive reinforcement is the best way to encourage myself, rather than being hard on myself and putting myself down. This is one of the most valuable lessons I learned in life, and the one that changed my life.
18. Hug your friends. Cherish them. Hold them tight. Ok here’s the deal: I hate being touchy. I hate it when people touch me. But, I’m interpreting this one as metaphorical. I have amazing friends, and I want to keep them. Note on this though: one friend put me through “hug therapy” where she insisted in hugging me everyday to regulate me to touch. Sometimes I like it. Sometimes I want friendship warmth from hugs.
19. Laugh until you cry. Cry until you laugh. Duh.
39. Don’t slut shame. Girls have it hard enough – don’t turn on one another. Amen. Girl Power and all that.
41. He’ll never change. Let him go. A hard one. One I’ve learnt more than once. Because letting go is painful. Holding on is even more painful.
53. You never need that last shot of vodka, but have it anyway. Oh I do.
59. He does not define your self-worth. Stop letting him. No one does, but us. ME, I define how much I’m worth, and the more I believe in my self, the more I love myself, the more my self-worth skyrockets.
63. It’s okay to cry. Don’t mind if I do. I’m emotionally and crying is a release. I cry about once a day, and I’m completely ok with this.
Go see the full list to see what else there is.
Corny, yes. Does it make me smile? Yes.
Today I love that I accept myself to be corny sometimes. And today I love eyelashes. They’re long, just let me have it.